This paviacademy.com article is about Indefinite and Distributive pronouns Rules For Academic and Competitive Examinations With Telugu explanation
Use of Indefinite and Distributive Pronouns:
1. when a pronoun refers to ‘anybody’ , ‘everybody’, ’everyone’, ’anyone’ , ‘each’, etc.. It may be either ‘he’ or ‘she’ according to the context .
- ఒక సర్వనామము anybody , everybody , everyone , anyone , each లను సూచిస్తున్నప్పుడు సందర్భాన్ని బట్టి అది ‘ he ‘ లేక ‘ she ‘ గాని రావాలి .
Example : ఉదాహరణ :
- Everyone likes to have his way .
- Each must do his best.
- Everybody is discounted with his lot in life.
- Anyone con do this if he tries.
- If anybody knows the truth, let him tell it.
Note: గమనిక :
However, many good English writers disobey this rule and use ‘ they ‘ .
- అయితే ఈ సూత్రాన్ని ప్రముఖ ఇంగ్లీష్ గ్రంథకర్తలు పాటించలేదు . వారు he లేక she కి బదులుగా ‘ they ‘ ఉపయోగించారు .
Example : ఉదాహరణ :
- Everybody is discounted with their lot in life.
- Everybody has their own ideas which they hate to change.
2. The Indefinite pronoun ‘one’ should be used through out , if used at all.
|1||One does not like to have his words doubted.||One does not like to one’s words doubted.|
|2||One must not boast of his own.||One must not boast of one’s success.|
3.’Either’ or ‘neither’ should be used only in speaking of two persons or things . ‘any’ , ‘no one’ or (none) should be used when speaking of more than two persons or things.
- రెండు వస్తువులు లేక ఇద్దరు వ్యక్తులు ఉన్నప్పుడే ’Either’ గాని ‘neither’ గాని ఉపయోగించాలి . రెండు లేక అంతకంటే ఎక్కువ వస్తువులు లేక వ్యక్తులు ఉన్నప్పుడు ‘ anyone ’ గాని , ‘no one’ గాని none గాని ఉపయోగించాలి .
|1||Any of these two roads lead to the railway station.||Either of these two roads leads to the railway station.|
|2||No one of these two accusations are true.||Neither of these two accusations is true.|
|3||I do not like either of these three books.||I do not like anyone of these three books.|
Correct the following sentences.
1. One should love his neighbour as himself.
A . One should love one’s neighbour as himself.
2. Everyone should love one’s country.
A . Everyone should love his or her country.
3. One does not like to have his words doubted .
A . One does not like to have one’s words doubted .
4. one must not boast of his own success.
A . one must not boast of one’s own success.
5. Any of these two roads leads to the bus station.
A . Each of these two roads leads to the bus station.
6. None of these two answers is correct.
A . Neither of these two answers is correct.
7. Neither of these boys does their homework .
A . None of these boys does their homework .
8. Either of these books is not interesting .
A . Anyone of these books is not interesting .
9. I do not like either of these three pictures.
A . I do not like anyone of these three pictures.
10. Neither of these three guns are of any use .
A . None of these three guns is of any use.
Related English Lessons:
Lesson . 1 . The English Alphabet
Lesson . 2 . Parts of Speech
Lesson . 3 . Kinds of Nouns
Lesson . 4 . Kinds of Gender
Lesson . 5 . Singular and Plural Rules
Lesson . 6 . Case in English Grammar
Lesson . 7 . Formation of the possessive case Rules
Lesson . 8 . Use of the possessive case Rules
Lesson . 9 . Kinds of Pronouns
Lesson . 10 . list of personal pronouns
Lesson . 11 . Personal Pronouns Rules
Lesson . 12 . Emphatic and Reflexive Pronouns Rules